OUR STRENGTH : AN INTEGRATED TECHNOLOGICAL APPROACH
Today’s microbiology understanding and its applications has evolved outside of its own boundaries, making it necessary to embrace technologies enabling the study of the interactions of microbes with the host and the drug.
It has become necessary to have an integrated approach of those 3 elements (host, pathogen, treatment) in order to find new solutions within the fields of applied microbiology for the patients.
BIOASTER has elected to focus on those technologies that allow to assess the biology of each of those elements, and put together, give a new and innovative view to the fields of applied microbiology :
Biological collections and microbiology facilitate access to samples from the host and the pathogens- omics technologies- allow to analyze elements from the genes, to the proteins and metabolites, giving a complete picture of the dynamic of the interactions within and between macromolecules populations, at the cell or the biological system level, immunoprofiling support the analysis of the host defense mechanisms against pathogens, protein engineering and preclinical models -provide the biological tools to develop solutions and test them-, and finally, data management and analysis bring back together all the informations obtained to put them in one single perspective.
8 TECHNOLOGY UNITS
Working on emergence of new solutions from complex biological systems.
Biological Collections & Microbiology
- Single point of access to biological samples
- Isolation and extensive characterization of microbiological strains
- Sample prep for gut microbiota analysis
- Biomarker discovery and monitoring
- Assay development, custom assays
- Flow, mass & image cytometry, fluorospot, luminex, microfluidics
Genomics & Transcriptomics
- Microbial genomics (de novo resequencing) metagenomics (target WGS) transcriptomics (host/pathogen, mode of action)
- NGS, microarrays, HT validation systems, qPCR, dPCR, pre-analytical steps automation
Metabolomics & Proteomics
- Integrated metabolites & proteins profiling, fingerprinting, fluxomics, target analysis, lipidomics...
- 600 MHz NMR, high resolution mass spectrometry, pre-analytical automation, chemometrics & bioinformatics
Proteins & Expression systems engineering
- Novel tools for biotherapeutics and diagnostics
- Protein design, antibody engineering, tools vectorisation, host optimisation and new host discovery, multimers, VLP, Scaffolds...
Pre-clinical models & Imaging
- Specific microbiota & Infectious-based models
- Gnotobiology, host-microbiota interactions, infectious diseases, cell and molecular biology in vivo and 2D/3D imaging and biodistribution
Data management & Analysis
- Management transversal analysis and integration of clinical, phenotypic and multi-omic experimental data
- Massive data storage and intensive computing (cloud based HPC, grid-computing...) collaborative platforms (LIMS, eCRF, bioinformatics web platforms, tranSMART...) integrated knowledge management
Biological Microsytems & Advanced Optics Engineering