Bioassays, Microsystems & Optical Engineering
We provide you with innovative bioanalytical technologies for infectious diseases and microbiota.
Engineered and customized bioanalytical tools are important for deciphering, detecting and characterizing infectious disease pathogens, evaluating vaccines and therapies for pathogens, and for the immunological host response.
The current challenges are personalized and actionable medicine, bedside diagnostics, etc. There are needs for more sensitive and multiplex tools for the reliably handling and characterization of complex samples.
WITHIN THIS FRAMEWORK, BIOASTER CONCENTRATE ON:
- Development of microfluidics systems (using various methods: droplet microfluidics, continuous-flow, inertial microfluidics) to manipulate or sort cells and to create biomimicking devices to more closely recapitulate in vivo physiological conditions.
- Development and customization of translational immunomonitoring technologies dedicated to infectious diseases and the host response. Standard cellular analysis and bioassays can be performed, as well as customized assays (highly multiplexed cytometry panels, single molecule detection assays, biosensors for analyte detection…) can be developed to assist with and expand the scope of your projects.
- Advanced optical tools (RAMAN spectroscopy, computational microscopy) associated with signal processing and data analysis, including artificial intelligence approaches, will contribute to identifying phenotypes and modes of action, to “make visible the invisible”.
- An integrated engineering approach from design to prototype (method, microfluidic chip, biosensor, integrated system, automated instrument). Our multi-disciplinary experts work together to tailor the most appropriate integrated solutions, featuring sample processing, liquid handling, signal generation and amplification, signal detection and transduction, signal processing and data analysis. Advanced bio-mimicking, multi-dimensional (single cell temporal and functional assays), analytical systems can be created to ease technological bottlenecks and answer unmet biological/medical needs.
microfluidics, single cell, kinetics, cytokine secretion
Dropcell is a new technological approach for measuring the cellular response at the single cell level using droplet microfluidics, which allows a finer characterization of the dynamic immune response. It allows the kinetic study of chemokines/cytokines.
• Finer characterization of cell population dynamics
• To characterize and isolate cells within a heterogeneous cell population • For new tools to stratify patients in the context of the development and deployment of a treatment or vaccine
• Detailed characterization of the pathology, ultimately permitting the stratification of patients for diagnosis/prognosis and/or for the development of new treatments/vaccines and/or treatment/vaccine-targeting • Fine characterization of cell populations • Monitoring over time • Greater finesse and understanding of mechanisms/validation of hypotheses
• Proof-of-concept performed within the framework of the REALISM project on sepsis, generating a patent and publications, including in Nature Protocols